We’re well into the New Year, and that means a new slate of fun activities for those of us living near Costa Mesa. Here’s a rundown of some of our favorite upcoming events that are definitely worth checking out.
1. Enjoy Some Art: Running from early January through Valentine’s Day, Suburban Ecologies is at the Orange County Great Park – Gallery. View the work of Jesse Collins Jackson as he explores the landscapes and architecture of Orange County through panoramic photography, sculptures and video.
2. Winter Fest: The holidays may be over, but it’s still Winter Fest at Boomers. For the first time, of which Boomers hope to make an annual tradition, enjoy “frigid fries” and polar golf along with special giveaways and promotions.
3. Shop for Fresh Produce: One of the many advantages to living in Orange County is that even though it’s the middle of winter, there’s still a bounty of local fruits and vegetables. There’s no better place to stock up than at the Irvine Farmer’s Market, every Tuesday 9AM to 1PM. It’s worth noting that it closes when it’s a holiday or if there is rain.
4. Visit the Noguchi Garden: These gardens were designed by artist Isamu Nogushi at the behest of Charles Segerstrom to be an homage to the many landscapes contained in California, and is often referred to as the California Scenario. Spanning nearly two acres, the gardens combine sculptures with a wide variety of plants and flowers both exotic and indigenous.
5. Go On a Whale Watch: With tickets starting at $16, you’ll spend 2 hours cruising the seas off Newport Beach, with the potential to see several species of dolphins along with gray, finback, humpback and minke whales. You may even spot a giant blue whale!
There’s no lack of great activities to choose from near Costa Mesa. And there’s no better place to make your home base than Skyloft Apartments. Currently offering up to 10 weeks free on select homes, there’s never been a better time to live the truly luxurious life. With Skyloft Apartments carefully curated spaces you may find yourself never wanting to leave, no matter how great the nearby activities are.